Sunday, May 4, 2008

Some Other Fair Moments

So we are standing in the judging barn, watching a group of senior lambs (I love that term - senior lambs) being judged and a couple of teen-age girls walk by. After they passed my brother laughed out loud. Turns out they were saying, "Gee, it's like some sort of, like, sheep show!" Huh. Do ya think? (Edit to say that I had this wrong. It was my cousin who heard this, not the brother.)

I didn't get to the Ravelry gathering before it apparently shut down and scurried away. At least I think I was in the building they were supposed to be in but there was just one lady knitting something and a lot of empty tables and chairs. It was a pity. There were lots of people at the fair wearing Ravelry name tags and I tried to read them all. The only one I recognized was Invisible Insanity. I said something dorky to her, I think. I'll blame the heat.


Here's an "I'm so regal" llama. But what's that? Pull back the camera a little and....


Hee. They had been sheared for their comfort,which was humane. But they reminded me of Persian cats in those lion cuts. Fluffy legs, fluffy head and neck...naked bodies. But they looked so soft. Like plush animals.

I had a nice exchange with a woman at the Brooks Farm stand about Franklin Habit and how much we liked him. (I was wearing my Franklin t-shirt with the chorus line of sheep on it.)

Maybe there will be a few more pictures later.

No comments: