Friday, May 16, 2008

New Day, New Socks

Yes, I have started a new pair of socks. Though I'm not one hundred percent sure what pattern I'll be doing. That is, it's another Schurch sock, top down (I really want to do a toe up one of these days...but not today), 72 stitch cast on, which I am just crossing my fingers and hoping is the right number for this yarn. (That sounds a little more devil-may-care than I actually am...I am pretty sure it's the right number for this yarn, but I don't always trust myself when it comes to gauge and such.)

The yarn? Yummy. It's Madelienetosh, in the Umoja colorway. It's the eighth one down on this page...that gorgeous combination of deep purpley blue, turquoise and orange. And so soft. Very nice.

Does this mean the sock bug has truly bitten me? Will I never go back to scarves?