Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Huzzah!

I actually finished a book yesterday. None of the ones I was reading...or that is, none of the ones I mentioned earlier. Obviously, I read it. It was Wit's End by Karen Joy Fowler. (She's the author of The Jane Austen Book Club.) There were bits of this new one that made me laugh, but the book never really pulled together for me. There was too much going on, somehow. But hey! I finished it!

And today I brought The House At Riverton to work with me. I've heard it described as half Rebecca and half Upstairs, Downstairs. Might be enjoyable.

And the second Umoja sock is chugging right along.

Edited to add: And now it's come to a screeching halt as I am at the heel flap and, while I am 99 percent sure I know how I did the other one, there's just enough doubt that I really need to consult my notes. Which are on a sticky note. Which is attached to Charlene Schurch's book. Which is sitting at home.

Whimper.

No comments: