Thursday, May 15, 2008

Charlene Schurch Is A Goddess!

So, I had a niggly headache yesterday, which got worse last night, which I still had this morning...so I stayed home from work today and slept in. Odd, I still seem to be sleepy, but at least the headache is pretty much gone.

And the socks are finished!


Here photographed on one of Rachel's covers, for maximum color overload.

The last two pairs of socks I've done have come from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Socks book which is wonderful. She's done a marvelous job of coming up with a book full of sock patterns that are clear and simple but that look terrific. I highly recommend this book.

The cats were not overly impressed with the socks.


Speaking of the cats, though, we wrangled them to the vet last night and the results were, for the most part, good. Duncan ("My, he's a big guy!" said the vet, "I bet when he wants something, he gets it.") is fine and in good shape. Giz's kidney problems actually seem to have improved due to his twice-a-week IV fluid treatment. But he has some bad, bad teeth (and he just had them cleaned a year ago!) and will have to go in for cleaning and probably removal of some. Poor baby. Poor me. I get pretty tense when he's under the anesthesia.

Quick post as I am taking Rachel off to Target to pick up some stuff to cart to school for summer session.

No comments: