Friday, May 16, 2008

Hang On, Loopy! Loopy, Hang On!

Man, I had heard that The Loopy Ewe enclosed some sort of little reward with your sixth order...I even thought I remembered reading somewhere that they sent a tote bag. Well...oh my. They send quite a goodie package!

First of all, let me show you what I ordered...


From top to bottom, we have:

1) Chameleon Colorworks Bambino in Rose - I love this soft pink and think it'll be swell for some lacy socks.

2) Two skeins of Yarn Love's Elizabeth Bennet sock yarn, in the Cottage Garden colorway. More girly colors...it must be spring.

3) From Beyond Basic Knits superwash wool and nylon (man, is this stuff soft!) in the Funkadelic colorway. More springlike colors.

And the little goodie I got?


The Loppy Ewe tote bag, which zips closed. A Loopy Ewe key ring that you can barely see on the strap of the bag, up there in the upper right corner. A free sock pattern...a really pretty one. And two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Apple Hill colorway. So pretty. Now I am wondering if the Loopy elves actually look at what you have bought in the past to decide what yarn to send. These colors are perfect for me.

Though I guess I'd be hard pressed to come up with a Lorna's Laces colorway that I disliked.

Oh no! What if the Lorna's Laces was a mistake? Would they really send such a nice freebie? Eeek. Maybe I'd better check.

But that'a not all the goodies that were in the mail! I got my little sock knitting bag (hey, I figured if I was going to keep knitting socks, I deserved something nicer than a Ziploc bag to carry the work in progress around) that I had ordered from Stuck in Illinois on Etsy. Look how cute!


The lining is a pattern of knitting needles and yarn but it's the outside fabric I adore...sock monkeys, pogo-sticking around. I especially love the rear views. This little bag makes me smile every time I see it.

Now, I really ought to go slip on the sock in progress and make sure it isn't too gigantic. It looks larger than the last sock but I think that may be because the pattern isn't very ribby.

Oh...what else did we do today? Well, we got to leave work early to take Rachel to a doctor's appointment. (I took all these pictures on the hood of the car while waiting for her.) Then went and did a little shopping for some jeans for her. Not at the store with the $200 jeans. ("Mom," says Rachel, "I need to make you honest. They were only $190." This is the same store that had a cute striped tee...very light and flimsy fabric...$78!) We went into the shop on the other side of the mall, where the prices are reasonable and the help is fantastic. And somehow Rachel ended up with a cool necklace, too. Her mother must be going soft or something.

And we went out to dinner at Green Leaf. The service was slow and women at the tables to either side of us had doused themselves a leetle too liberally in perfume for true dining pleasure. But the food was sure good.

And tomorrow will be busy...picking up the van with which we haul Rachel back to Fredericksburg...running into the tile place to take a quick picture or two of the tile I chose....lunch at my dad's...with luck a trip to Borders or the yarn shop or both...

And then Sunday spent moving the daughter into her dorm. I should be able to get a good bit of knitting done, though.

No comments: