Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hush Now!

I'm sure it says something about my personality...and thank you, but I really don't want to know what it says about my personality...no, really, I don't...that those missed purl stitches in the edge of my garter-edged heel flap bothered me to such an extent that...

No, I didn't rip out the rows of gusset decreases that I had done, the heel turn and more than half the heel flap...

I carefully wove in a piece of waste yarn and faked some sort of purl-ish looking stitches. Any real knitter looking closely will realize that they are, in fact, screwed up somehow. But the expanse of three knit rows now looks more like three knit, purled, knit rows.

Good enough for me! La, la, la!

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

I saw a great quote the other day, perfect for knitters
"I have always depended on the blindness of strangers."

Rooie said...

Ha! I love that!