Monday, May 19, 2008

5:00!

That's how late I'll be at work today. Argh. Usually I get in at 7 a.m. and leave at 3:30. Today we had to return the van we rented to take Rachel back to Fredericksburg for the summer session she's taking, so we got in at 8:30. It's been a long time since I've had to work this late...it isn't going to be easy.

The trip to and from Fred was pretty uneventful. Actually the worst part was the B'more Beltway on the way down. There was an accident and a section of the Beltway that usually takes about 20 minutes took 55. Smooth sailing after that. And Rachel's all settled in and eager to get going with her classes. She's taking African Americam Literature and Southern Literature in this first session. May stay for second session and take a Milton seminar. Better her than me.

And Mr. Pointy Sticks and I are back to empty nesthood. Well, except for the fact that we'll have some worker bees at the house, fixing up our bathroom. But I won't have to feed them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Rachel! Does she know about the magazine, Oxford American?