Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Blurrrrrr

My glasses broke on the drive into work this morning. Fortunately, Mr. Pointy Sticks does the driving, as I am blind as a bat without my glasses. And I mean a baseball bat, not one of those sonar-assisted flying bats. So I am typing this with my nose about three inches from the keyboard and I'm sure I'll be fixing typos for hours before I hit the "post" button.

Speaking of three inches...the reborn sock is about that, again. After consulting with Charlene Schurch (in the guise of her book), I decided to start with 72 stitches. With 80 stitches, the colors on this yarn blurred and mingled and were all random and impressionistic. At 72 stitches, I am getting spiralling stripes...one of hot oranges and yellows and the other of greens, blues, purples and pinks. Still pretty...but I prefer the patterning at 80 stitches. On the other hand (or foot), I really prefer to be able to wear the socks I knit. So I'm sticking to 72. Sigh. Picture this evening perhaps...stay tuned.

Current Reading

...is going nowhere. I have four or more books started...Robert Wilson's The Blind Man of Seville, Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind, a book of mystery short stories and a kid's book that I got the other day. And none of them are grabbing me. (So none of them are going on the list to the right...until one really grabs me.) I guess it's all knitting, all the time. Except for the crosswords. I'm working on some cryptic crosswords.

No comments: