Thursday, May 29, 2008

Guess What?! More Yarn!

Yes, I ordered more yarn today...and after reading about Crazy Aunt Purl's resolution to buy only essentials for the rest of the year I feel a little guilty about it. But this isn't sock yarn! And it isn't for me! Surely that makes it better.

See, at Daedalus this past weekend I found a copy of Louisa Harding's Miss Bea's Playtime, a cute little book full of basic kid's sweaters. And there is a cute little girl's cardigan - v-neck with a little picot edge - that I just really want to make. And, fortunately for me, there is a young woman in the office with a brand new baby girl! (Well, she's a couple months old but still under warranty, I believe.) Anyway, I asked the mom if she thought it exceptionally weird that I wanted to make her daughter a sweater (she's the one I made the booties for) and the mom was very enthusiastic. So I ordered some Knitpick's Shine Sport in turquoise. I'm already looking forward to picking out buttons for it.

There's a really cute jumper in this book, too....

No comments: