Thursday, May 1, 2008

Emordnys Kcos Dnoces

Today so far I've gotten the last of the leg done, the heel flap completed, stitches picked up for the gusset and gusset decreasing started. I would have spent more time knitting last night (more, in this case, meaning any) if I hadn't seen an error that required me to drop 12 stitches each down 6 rows and then reknit them back up again, changing a knit stitch to a purl stitch where I had forgotten to do that. Sigh. That was enough yarn manipulation for me, thanks.

(And, Ruth, thanks again for that Stitchsaver! Okay, this'll be the last time I mention it, even though I am sure it won't be the last time I use it.)

So, I think I have the reverse of Second Sock Syndrome. The first sock took me a year. With luck, I should finish this one inside a week. It always seems to be that way...the first sock of a pair takes me a lot longer than the second. It's as though my brain thinks, "Oh, been here, done this! I know exactly what to do!" It all just goes much more easily.

Time for lunch and then...some more knitting.

Oh, and it looks as though I won't be getting to the MDS&W until Sunday. That's what happens when you depend on the kindness of others for rides. But that should be fine. I think last year it was very slightly less crowded on Sunday (yes, I was there both days) and there was still plenty to buy. But Brooks Farm better not be picked clean, that's all I'm saying!

No comments: