Sunday, November 18, 2007

Oh No, I Missed A Day!

I just had nothing to say yesterday and was in a cranky mood, to boot. So no post. On the other hand, it's the 18th of November and I've posted something like 23 times this month. I felt a little odd not posting yesterday since I think November is the "post something every day" month, but you know what? Screw it. I'm not going to post with nothing to say.

I had the real do-nothings yesterday. I did manage to make a trip to Target and got some exciting stuff like underwear and a Christmas gift for a cousin. I was not in the best of mood going in but man, I was really in a bad mood by the time I came out. It was semi-crowded...not really the full swing of holiday shopping but getting there. But all the people that were there were idiots. (Well, except for a friend of Rachel's and her Dad who were there...they aren't idiots.) People who park their carts in the middle of the aisle. People who stop their carts in the middle of a busy spot to talk on their frigging cell phones. People who have their sixteen children strung out in a line blocking the widest aisles. (Okay, there weren't sixteen children, only three. But the effect was the same.) People who leave their cart blocking the conveyor belt at the check-out so that you can't start unloading your own cart...and then try a couple different credit cards before deciding to write a check. Argh.

Today is better. Mr. Pointy Sticks and I did the grocery shopping and I've thrown together a pot roast. It sure smells good. I just had a yen for a pot roast lately. No carrots in this one but still...yum. Though the recipe called for a 28 oz. can of tomatoes which you then "squeeze into chunks in your hands." Well, let me just say that we may be finding splashes of tomato juice for years to come. And I'm washing my sweatshirt even as I type. Sort of a mess.

Last night Rachel decided to play some Playstation so I sat with my log cabin blankie over my lap and wove in some ends. Didn't get them all done by any means, but I made a start. And then I decided to start the Chevron scarf. This is from Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Knitted Gifts and is a pattern that's all over the Web. I bought some Mirasol Hacho in two colors for it and last night I cast on and did a couple of rows. I'm not sure that there is enough difference in the two colorways, though they look pretty different in the skein.


I'm not sure how stripey it's really going to look. Which is okay...I'll just have to do another one in more distinctive colors. It's a fun knit and looks pretty. What more do you need? A fun knit and the aroma of pot roast. Yum.

Later -

The pot roast was yummy. That's a recipe I'll be using again.

No comments: