Friday, November 2, 2007

Where's My Shopping List?

November second already, eh? Guess I ought to start giving some serious thought to Christmas. I think I might be doing a lot of my shopping on Etsy this year. There is some seriously lovely stuff and I think I could find things that would make people happy. (Which reminds me, I need to ask my brother his opinion on something there.) Of course, one problem is that I keep finding stuff for me

Meanwhile, though, I need to think about some things for Mr. Pointy Sticks. I don’t think, alas, that there is much on Etsy that would interest him. Some nice vintage buttons? Sock yarn? Earrings? Not so much.

Rumors are flying at work...and they seem to be true...that the powers-that-be are really going to start cracking down on internet usage. They've been pretty free about it...as long as we were getting the work done, we were fairly free to use the internet...couldn't download stuff, of course. But apparently the usage has gotten so high that the legitimate use is getting clogged up and slowed down. So I have begun weaning myself. Better safe than sorry. I'd rather be used to only getting on at lunch time because I've gotten there gradually, then to have it all cut off cold turkey. Though I remember when I started work, back in the Dark Ages, we were only supposed to use our phones for business. And that rule has pretty much fallen by the wayside. (Though actually, that rule would be easier to enforce these days what with everyone and their brother having cell phones.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the problem with Etsy. Too many things I want. Plus, you can't do a wish list a la Amazon, because there's so many one-of-a-kind, limited supply items. So it's hard to ask people for things for Christmas from Etsy too. Easier just to, you know, buy.

Rooie said...

Oooh, I like the way you think!

I actually just bought myself a pair of earrings from an Etsy shop for myself for my birthday. I saw them and then they sold and then there was a second pair...and then they sold. And when I saw the third pair, I jumped on them.

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!