Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Raindrops Keep Falling...

But they really shouldn't be dripping on one's head when one is sitting in one's computer room....yes, we have a leak. So...no work tomorrow while the plumber comes to visit. Makes me just as happy that we are such slowpokes at getting house repairs done since we already have one hole in the ceiling from a repair a year or two ago. La, la, lazy pays off for once.

I brought the Schaefer Anne to work with me today to play with. (I wound it in a ball last night, by hand off my swift. My dad had asked me on Sunday how long it might take to wind up 560 yards of yarn and I estimated an hour. I wasn’t far off. It took 56 minutes. (And boy, it looks even prettier in a ball then in the original hank, I think.) Anyway, I brought along some number 4’s and I’m working on a swatch to see how it looks. I think I like it. I like the look of stockinette but I think the curl factor is going to force me to do it in garter stitch.

Currently Reading

I honestly don’t feel that he’s a very good writer, but I am guiltily fond of Dean Koontz’s Odd Thomas books. The other day I saw that Brother Odd was out in mass market paperback form, so I grabbed it. (Can I rant a little about mass market prices? I mean, I don’t expect the books to be a quarter any more. But $8.00! For a paperback. Yikes!) Anyway, that’s what I’m reading now. But probably won’t be reading for long as it’s got pretty big type and reads fast.

I finished Isabella Moon yesterday. It has a rather grim ending. (A little bit of an understatement there.)\

Later -

Finished Brother Odd. Not as good, I think, as the first ones. Which isn't a terribly high hurdle to cross. But it was a quick, entertaining read.

No comments: