Friday, November 23, 2007

Christmas in November

I got my Scarf Swap scarf today! (I'd say International Scarf Swap except that mine came from Ohio...so....not all that International.)

But I love it. And all the goodies that came with it.


Lookie, lookie! a yummy scarf out of SWS, in colors that will go with two of my winter coats...well, actually three, since everything goes with black. There are cute little Christmas-y stitch markers hiding there behind the Chocolate Covered Pretzels (yum), there are Mary Englebreit notecards (one of which will probably be used for a thank you note I need to write) and a Mary Englebreit list pad (I love Mary Englebreit...such a clever Secret Pal I have!), there's a jingley, sparkley Christmas ornament, my lovely scarf and a skein of Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in Earth. I wouldn't say I was usually an earth-tone kind of person, but oh, these colors are lovely. rich browns from mahogany to walnut to teak. Just lovely.

I like my scarf so much, I'll even put out a picture of me wearing it!


Thank you so much, Becky! (Becky is yoda knit.) You made my week.

Can we get started on next year's swap now?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

after all the waiting and all the "le sigh" posts i was smiling for you when i saw the scarf exchange blog. lovely scarf. i'm so glad you are happy :))

Rooie said...

Oh, I love my scarf and I love getting a surprise package. It was all fun. I can't wait to do it again.

becky c. said...

Yay, you got it! So glad you like it and that it will match your coats. I couldn't resist the cute note cards - I am addicted to Christmas stuff so I figure everyone else must be too. And now I can stop being a secret stalker and comment on your blog!

Unknown said...

I love your scarf! I remember seeing it when it was posted a week or so ago and liking it then. I can't wait to do this exchange again either!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!
That is gorgeous!!

I haven't gotten mine yet... I'm all a flutter waiting for it!

Rooie said...

Yeah, this is one that I admired on the blog, too. Of course, I've admired almost every single one.

Heather, I hope your scarf comes soon.