Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Not-So-Mysterious Stole

I am so ready for this to be done. I have about 20 rows left and I just want it to be over. And today I was plugging along and realized that I had some sort of error a couple of rows back. And I just fudged some sort of messy solution and went on. But now it's bugging me and I have this sick feeling that I am going to make myself rip back to the error and fix it right. And I just. want. to. be. done.

It may just be going to time-out for a while and I'll work on some other stuff. Except I really shouldn't put it away with a mistake or I'll never remember to go back and fix it. But do you know how hard it's going to be to rip back three or four rows of close to 200 stitches apiece with the slip-2-knit-1-psso's and the k2togethers and the lace weight.....???

Argh. And now I'm babbling.

Here's an idea. We all hate spam, right? We all hate telephone spam even more than email spam, right? We especially hate the phone spam that is just some computer-generated message. Am I still right? I propose a law that would say "Okay, you want to be a phone-spammer...we can't stop you. But you have to hire real people to make the calls...no computer calls allowed anymore." Of course, then I'd be hanging up on some poor real person who couldn't get any better job than bothering people over the phone and I'd probably feel worse about doing that than I would hanging up on HAL...

But not too much worse.

Currently Reading

I finished Dan Simmons' A Winter Haunting this morning. Pretty tasty little horror story - one where you don't know what's really happening and what's in the narrator's disintegrating little mind. I hadn't, until someone on Readerville mentioned it, connected this Dan Simmons to the author of The Terror, which is just a fantastically scary and cold book. But they are, of course, one and the same. I think I need to read more of him.

What's that? I hadn't mentioned reading this? What about The Stolen Child, you ask? What about When The Devil Holds The Candle?

Shut up.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I have The Terror sitting right over my head at the office here... it's big enough that I'd better hope it doesn't fall ON my head at some point. I really want to get to it sometime this winter -- it looks like a winter book to me, although I suppose the same logic could dictate that it looks like a summer book.

Rooie said...

Just wear your woolies. It's a c-o-o-o-o-ld book.

Kaethe said...

It's the coldest novel I've ever read. Enjoy. (Heh, the temperture is dropping, and I'm eating ice cream for lunch)