Monday, November 5, 2007

Late News

Well, I'm bummed. Apparently the chicken-costumed dog is not Mr. Burns. Sigh.

This afternoon as I came out of work to wait for Mr. Pointy Sticks to pick me up for the ride home, the crows were kicking up quite a ruckus in the trees around me. I noticed several groups of crows flying in from the west...ten, twelve, fifteen at a time. Then, as I looked across the road toward the high school and slightly west, I noticed that the trees were filled with crows...perching among the thin leaves like some sort of strange fruit. It was almost like one of those Magic Pictures. I'd look and think, "Oh, there's a crow...and another...and two more...and another....my God, that tree is full of them!" And then I looked across the street to the east...more trees filled with more crows. And then, as though there had been some sort of signal I couldn't hear, there was a huge outcry and the sky was filled with a cloud of crows - hundreds of them. I really felt as though I was an extra in The Birds for a couple of minutes there. Pretty cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A blonde co-worker came to work on Halloween as Tippi Hedren in the birds -- lovely retro suit, high-heels and a large faux raven on her chic hat.

Rooie said...

It was really eerie...and very cool.

I love the costume idea.