Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday Blahs

I am feeling a little peaked today...so perhaps going to Fredericksburg yesterday wasn't the brightest idea. On the other hand, perhaps I would have felt just as woobly today if I hadn't gone, and I would have missed out on seeing Rachel and having a tasty lunch.

I started Tudora yesterday in the car. Actually, I worked on it pretty steadily on the way down and then realized, shortly before we reached Fred that I was doing it all wrong. See those pretty alternating columns of knitting and cables? Well, I had carefully cabled every single column. Duh. So I spent the last bit of the ride down ripping the whole thing out.

But look! On the way home I cast on again and restarted and here we are this morning:


(Thanks to Mr. Pointy Sticks for holding the needles for me while I took the photo.) Look at those lovely gray-blue-greens. Looks like a storm at sea. The yarn is some gorgeous hand-dyed, hand-spun Blue-faced Leicester from Lanas de Libelula, a 136 yard skein. This yarn is pricier than most I buy but I was very lucky...this was gifted to me by the spinner/dyer's mother-in-law, a friend for whom I knit a scarf. It's yummy yarn. I am hoping that this will be enough...I emailed Cheryl, Tudora's designer, to ask her if she thought it might be enough yardage and she encouraged me to go for it.

A close-up....


It's a fun little project.

No comments: