Friday, February 22, 2008

Frosty February Friday

The weather was nasty over-night, and supposed to be nasty all day, so Mr. Pointy Sticks and I decided we were too old for such nonsense and called in to work to take the day off.

And I've been pretty productive, if I do say so myself.

I folded and patted Monsieur and wrote a little note and stuffed him in a mailing envelope and will send him off tomorrow. I'll be sorry to see him go. I hope his new owner loves him. Niki asked about the fringe yesterday, so here's a picture.


Just hangy-tangly long fringe. But soft...well, as soft as Kureyon gets. Not bad really. Here's another picture. He really relaxed after his bath.


Funny story about the fringe. I don't usually fringe my scarves...I say it's because I like them better without and that is usually true, but also it's because I'm....cheap. I mean, it takes a lot of yarn to make fringe. Yarn that could be better used for knitting.

But this scarf really needs fringe to look finished. So I bought a fifth skein of yarn and, when I was about halfway through the fourth skein I took the fifth one and pulled out what I needed for the fringe. Knit away and finished the fourth skein and ripped through the fifth one as far as I could. I had a wodge left of the fifth skein but didn't think I had quite enough for another two rows of blocks (you have to finish with a row of left leaning blocks). Finished it up and started fastening fringe...and realized that I had only cut enough for one end of the scarf! So then I had the fun experience of cutting the remaining yarn up into fringe...and doing it really fast so that it wouldn't run out before I had all the pieces I needed. I think I ended up with about 8" of yarn left.

So...I packed up Monsieur L'Entrelac.

I packed up birthday presents for my cousin. And I got some other mailing sort of stuff done.

I made chocolate chip scones.

I worked on Margot's hat.


I was working on this at work yesterday and came home without the fifth needle. No problem! I just shifted all the stitches on three needles and knit with the fourth. Ta-da! But then I put it down this afternoon and now I can't find the fourth needle! Argh! I may be making a run to Michael's tomorrow.

8 comments:

Kitt said...

Wow. That is one good-looking scarf.

Anonymous said...

That IS a beautiful piece. You did right with the fringe. And, since we are cousins and I know its not MY birthday coming up, ummm, remind me whose is? (she said sheepishly).

ml

Kaethe said...

Monsieur is handsome. Tres jolie. A beautiful scarf like that almost convinces me that I would wear one.

Anonymous said...

Monsieur is indeed most attractive!

Rooie said...

ML, Linn's birthday is on the 26th.

Thanks all, for the compliments on Monsieur.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scarf, Rooie. You've inspired me to pick up enough Noro to make my own. Just as soon as I'm done with the three blankets I'm working on.

becky c. said...

I vote that double-pointed needles come in packs of six!

Rooie said...

Well, I just know that if they came in sixes I would somehow have still managed to lose the one I was knitting with!