Sunday, February 24, 2008

Clean Bathroom, More Knitting!

Managed to get the bathroom cleaned and more knitting done on Margot's hat. I have about 5 inches from the brim (not counting the 2 inches of turn up) so just a little more to go before the decreases. Well, 2 inches or so, but that's not much. I have it in my head to put a pretty button on the top...if I could find a copper colored leaf, for instance.

And...I've started a sweater...for myself. The Kimono cardigan in the back of Piecework's Jan/Feb issue. It's an Ann Budd design. I have a bag of purple yarn that I bought for another cardigan that didn't really work. So far I have....ta, da!...about 2 inches of the back.

Current Reading

Now reading Fred Vargas' Have Mercy On Us All. Good mystery set in Paris. Someone is trying to panic Paris by making people think that the bubonic plague has returned to the city.

And the author? Doesn't the name Fred Vargas make you think of some kind of stocky guy with dark hair... No, she's actually a very attractive young woman.

4 comments:

Martha G said...

Your Entrelac scarf is gorgeous! Did you know ISE6 is now accepting sign ups?

Rooie said...

No, I didn't know that....now to decide if I want to do it again.

Unknown said...

Ohhh, that book sounds just right for me!

Rooie said...

Kat, I thought of you...I would send it on but I think it might be a book Arthur would enjoy. (And those are pretty rare, when it comes to mysteries.) It might be up for grabs later.