Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Back At Work -- Again

I treated myself to one more sick day yesterday...since I felt so wretched all day Sunday. I spent the day napping and reading, reading and napping, and feel much better today.

I finished up Tudora yesterday, except for the button. And I still have a chunk of the yarn left. I am wondering if Tudora is worth keeping. It's sort of a silly little thing and, while I think it looks stunning on the slightly aristocratic-looking silver-haired model with cheekbones there in Knitty, I think on me it just looks....sort of dumb. So, it is sitting button-less and forlorn while I decide whether or not to frog it. I can always spit-splice the two pieces together again. I just think the yarn deserves to be something that I'll actually use.

This will require some thought.

Current Reading

I am nearly at the end of the second George Martin, A Clash of Kings, and it is every bit as gripping as the first. The books are long and, even with some sick days to devote to them, it is taking me a while to get through each one. Pleasurable time, but time, none the less. Also, I am so liking one of the characters, Tyrion, and spend a lot of time mentally wincing because I am afraid that he will end up horribly dead at some point. (I don't think there are any easy deaths in these books.)

No comments: