Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wretched Commute...

An overturned truck on the Beltway this morning caused our usual 20 -30 minute commute to turn into one over an hour long. By the time we got off the Beltway at work, the sun was well up (it had been dark when we left the house) and there was the most beautiful sky in front of us. Of course, after carrying my camera around for four days, I didn't have it with me, as we can't bring cameras into my work place. So you'll just have to imagine this gorgeous peachy-lilac-golden cloud with rays of shadow somehow streaming out of the top so it looked as though someone had drawn the cloud as speeding away from us.

To make matters worse, the last 10 minutes or so of the drive were spent behind a car that was spewing exhaust and I still feel sort of headachey and ill from it. Bleah.

Oooh, I got my first spam comment on yesterday's post. I feel so special. Thanks heavens for the "delete" button.

Duncan approves of yarn pillows. (Gotta give the cats equal time.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duncan has excellent taste!

Doesn't it always seem like we forget the camera for the big events? At least, that's how it works around here. Alas, cell phone cameras just don't do the trick. And speaking of cell cameras, are you allowed to carry one at work, or are they verboten as well?

Rooie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rooie said...

My brother told me I should keep my camera in the glove compartment during the week, just in case I see more interesting stuff on the commute.

I am sure that there are loads of cell phone cameras being carried around at work. I don't think they've had to address it, so they are just ignoring the problem until they have to do something with it. It's a government agency with sensitive information. Of course, there are cameras on site...we have photographers and such. It's weird. And a few months ago I had my embroidery scissors confiscated, even though we all have one or more pairs of 8" scissors at our desks. No rhyme or reason to it all.