Friday, October 5, 2007

Wow! Look How Fast I'm Going!

Verizon came today and hooked us up with FiOS. Better read fast, 'cos this blog is speedy now!

And my, how fast pictures load.

Gizmo has a ribbon.

You couldn't tell, but that was very fast. Wham, bang, done!!

Tomorrow I am hoping to get up to The Black Sheep again. I feel as though I haven't been there for years. (I think it's been two weeks.) Don't know what I'll do there...show off my ISE5 scarf, perhaps. And see if there is anything new in the store. Oh, and perhaps there will be a little something to put in the ISE5 swap box. And next weekend I get to go there for my spinning lesson!

Currently Reading

So last night I picked up By A Slow River by Philippe Claudel. (Yes, yes, I know....I have some other books going. Leave me alone.) This is an excellent novel, set in a small French town during WWI, though it's narrated by the man who was the police chief (I believe) from some time in the 30's. A young girl was murdered by the banks of the town's canal...and the real crime is in how the murder is "solved." This won a major French award and it is beautifully written. (And I guess beautifully translated, as the beauty comes through in English.)

(I swear, I can't for the life of me figure out why my paragraphs are sometimes space and a halfed and other times single-spaced. I thought it was something to do with the insertion of the photos, but I've played with this post a number of times and can't get these last paragraphs to behave.)

No comments: