Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Beginnings

The Di-Ve scarf is now history. I haven't ripped it yet...I may finish it up as a short scarf for myself or for a present. Can't decide.

But on the way to work this morning I started another Boto scarf. This one out of 3-ply merino from 100purewool. It's bright red and blue. I think I'll call it the Poison Frog Scarf. I'm doing the Mistake Rib again. It's so nice and squishy. I've got about 6 inches so far. (As of the drive home I had about 13". So it's trundling along nicely.)

Duncan tries to remember if modeling is in his contract.


Currently Reading


I just finished Sujata Massey's The Bride's Kimono. My reaction: "Eh." I read, a long time ago, the first of the Rei Shimura mysteries and I remember it as being better than this one. There was an awful lot of angst over her boyfriends. And the dialogue was all rather stilted. And the mystery wasn't wonderful.

Next up is The Extra Large Medium by Helen Slavin. Someone on Readerville mentioned it and it sounded as though it could be an amusing read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the perfect name -- the colors really do look like some sort of exotic rainforesty creature!