Monday, October 8, 2007

Begone, Spider

I've done about six extra repeats of the pattern on the scarf for ISE5. I'd put in a picture but I don't want to spoil the surprise in case my Secret Pal is cruising people's blogs. But wait! She doesn't know who I am...so she would connect the scarf with my blog...but she doesn't have any way to connect the blog with my secret identity under which I e-mailed her. (I think I need to do that again sometime soon. I better check the schedule.) So, without further ado...



Currently Reading

Well, I gave up yesterday on Spider Light. Very disappointing. It started out okay. It's two intertwined stories, one set in the present, one in the past. In the present Our Heroine is a disbarred psychiatrist who just got out of prison after serving five years for killing a man (I think he was one of her patients...didn't read far enough to get all the details). The sister of the deceased man is now after Our Heroine to avenge her brother's death....her brother with whom she committed incest. In the past, the lady of the manor is a manipulative lesbian psychopath who seduces the young daughter of the local miller and arranges for her dissolute cousin to impregnate the girl...who loses her mind.....

It was about here I decided I had better ways to spend my time. I picked up Michael Marshall's latest, The Intruders. Now, this one is an attention grabber. Just as unrealistic, but written so as to just speed you along the story. I stayed up until about 2 am reading and grabbed the book as soon as I woke up in the morning. Finished it before lunch. Quite a ride.

And next I think I'll pick up Richard Russo's latest, Bridge of Sighs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yowsa -- Spider Light seemed a little much for me, and I only read your summary! The scarf is lovely -- and now all of your visitors will wonder...is it for me? Will I be the lucky one? (If they're signed up, of course). I am amazed by your prolific knitting and reading, as always (and not a little jealous, too!).