Monday, October 1, 2007

How Nice of the Postman to Bring Me Something To Blog About

I was sitting at work and thinking that I had nothing to write about today...that perhaps this was the thin edge of the wedge. I would start posting only five times a week, then only alternate days, then once a week...and then, silence. Oh no! Can't let that happen!

Fortunately, the postman heard my plea and, although the mail didn't arrive until after five this afternoon (and what's up with that?!), I got a nice package from the Woolgirl. She had posted on her blog last week that she would be putting up some new Union Center Knits yarn. And posted some pictures, including one call Arbor. I fell in love...and today I got it in the mail. Along with some pretty stitch markers for my ISE 5 pal and a little something for the Daughter which I won't show because (although I doubt she does) she might just read this blog. And look! Woolgirl sent a little packet of Vanilla Cream lotion, along with a thank you note. So sweet.


I can't begin to describe the lovely autumnal colors in this yarn. Cream, pale sunshine, forest green, plum, pumpkin, wine, pink, oak, wheat, gold....beautiful. And soft, too. 450 yards. What could I do with this besides socks? I'm almost tempted to do a pretty lacy "welcome autumn" scarflet. Hmmm...just a little something to flip around my neck.

Of course, this blog could get a little pricey if I depend on things I've bought to give me blog post inspiration.

But look, here are the cats, slightly blurry, in a rare moment of amity. Duncan has taken to playing in our bathtub, which means that, at random times, when you reach down to give him some pats, you get a handful of wet cat. Rather disconcerting.


No comments: