Monday, October 29, 2007

Vrrrrr.....

(When we were little, I used to drive my brother crazy by saying "vrrrrrrrr" when I was cold. "It's brrrrr," he'd say. But somehow vrrrr sounds colder to me.) Anyway, we haven't turned on the heat in the house yet, but we did pull the down comforter out.

So, no Rachel last night. She called and said that Amtrak was saying that there were lines down, or some such, and the train was, at that point, 30 minutes late. About half an hour after that call, she called and said she was going to stay over one more night. Said she was having a great time. So that's good. Of course, it means that we'll be making the trip to the train station tonight at 8:45.

Did some more spinning last night...still haven't gotten the emailed instructions that the instructor promised us. And why is it that, just as I get the rhythm down, the strip of roving I'm working on runs out? Joining new roving is definitely my most awkward part. And yes, my arms are still sore.

Later -

Rachel is home and brought Steve with her. Good to have her back.

3 comments:

Ackery said...

Considering that it is cold and your arms are hurting, I think Rachel and Steve should make you brownies.

I think you're running out of roving at inopportune times because the universe likes to do that sort of thing to people. Can you tell I am not loving the universe today?

Ackery said...

Of course, I would say that R&S should make you brownies even if your arms were fine and it was balmy. It's just that any time you can bamboozle people in to providing you with homemade baked goods, you should do so...

Rooie said...

We're actually (gasp) a little tired of brownies at our house. Though that doesn't prevent me from eating them. I think Rachel will be roasting a chicken and doing carrots one night this week while Steve is here, so I really can't complain.

Now, if they would just put a dish in the dishwasher occasionally....