Sunday, October 21, 2007

Things I Am Neglecting

Housework - But then housework and I have, alas, only ever had the most tenuous connection. But really, I should be working at clearing off the dining table which is covered in (a) beads and beading material and (b) various pieces of china...either pieces from my Mom or pieces that I took out of my old china cabinet to make room for pieces of my Mom's.

Mystery Stole 3 - Put aside for the ISE5 scarf and then the scarves I want to do for Ms. Boto, this is sitting gazing at me forlornly. I'm not even taking it with me to work anymore!

ISE5 Scarf - All I need to do is wash and block this and weave in the ends and wrap it up, along with the other goodies for my pal and send it off. Then I'll be done! In fact, as soon as I finish this post up, I am going to go upstairs and give it a good soak. So there. Which means that it probably shouldn't be on this list...but what the hell.

Red Seas Under Red Skies - It's almost become a joke, hasn't it, the amount of effort I put into avoiding this book that I actually really want to read! Which leads me to.....

Currently Reading

So, I finished Heartsick yesterday. It's a twisted little piece of work, all right. I'll be sending it along to my friend Janet, 'cos I think she might like it.

And then I picked up a Kathy and Brock mystery by Barry Maitland - Silvermeadow. Good solid police procedural. I wasn't sure what I might start next but then Mr. Pointy Sticks and I were in Ukazoo, a used bookstore near us, this afternoon and the Mister always takes longer than I do so I pulled The Bride's Kimono by Sujata Massey off the shelf and got far enough into it that I bought it...so that's what I'm on now.

Now...off to soak a scarf.

Oh, but before I forget...guess who discovered the macro setting on her camera? (Duh.)


Little cat feet. And here's a better picture of the stitch marker.


The cats do like having the windows open.


And now I really am off to soak the scarf!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this "housework" you speak of?

Macro setting? What's that?

Rooie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rooie said...

Housework...you know. I think it might involve working with "Vacuums" and "Clorox Bleach." It just all sounds too science-y for me.

If I go into my camera guide, I can get it set to macro, which gives me the ability to do close-ups...if you compare the two pictures of the stitch marker, the one today was taken with the macro setting so it's all in focus and nice. (I love the way its eyes seem to glow!)

Anonymous said...

Thems is darlin' itty cat feet.