Thursday, October 4, 2007

Pigeon, Phone Home!

Interesting sight on the ride in to work this morning. There was a small truck ahead of us that was loaded with cages in the back...I thought perhaps it was full of chickens, but when we got closer, we saw that it was full of pigeons! Large pigeons. I am wondering if they were being trucked somewhere to be released to fly home. Either that, or there's a big squab dinner being held somewhere south of us. If I'd had my camera, I would have tried to do a Crazy Aunt Purl and snap a shot.


I am beginning to think that I need to rip out the top-down raglan sweater that I'm working on. "What raglan sweater?" you ask, "We haven't seen a raglan sweater!" And you're right. It's been languishing on the corner of my computer table for months now, after languishing beside my knitting chair for other months. It's knit out of oh, so soft yarn from Handpainted.com, in shades of cream and gold and yellow and rust and brown and peach and wine. But I think it is way too huge. And, yes, before I rip I will put the stitches on holders and try it on. I think that even more then being afraid that it is too huge, I am afraid that its huge-osity will fit me perfectly. How depressing. I mean, I did want a sort of casual, floppy sweater. But I don't want it to look like I'm wearing one of Paul Prudhomme's cast-offs. Here's a not-very-recent picture. (There's some bad pooling starting up at the bottom there. I'll have to do something about that, at the very least.) Since this was taken, I've almost finished one of the sleeves.




Currently Reading


I've read some more in Portable Childhoods. The stories are okay though none seems to me to be as good as the first one, which I mentioned in an earlier post. Some of them read like not-very-imaginative Twilight Zone episodes. Predictable. And some are very sketchy. So...enjoyable, but nothing to write home about.

No comments: