Sunday, October 28, 2007

Oh, I Forgot...

I couldn't go to The Black Sheep yesterday and not buy something, now could I?


Here you see -- some Supersocke Holiday sock wool in such a cheery yellow colorway. There were lots of pretty color choices...red, orange, lime green, blue and turquoise...but after fondling all of them, I decided to go for the yellow. And a skein of Schaefer Anne. No colorway name or number that I can see, but the colors just looked an awful lot like my aunt, so perhaps I'll try to get a lacy scarf knit up for her birthday. (I could shoot for Christmas, but that's getting a little close.) I got a tiny bottle of Eucalan in the lavender scent to try. (Way to arrange a photo...notice how nicely I obscured the label.) And the little red things? Little point protectors, free with purchase. I'll use them to hold my sock needles safely when I park them.

And my arms are a little sore this morning. From the spinning. What a wuss!

Currently Reading

I finished Generation Loss last night...couldn't put it down. It's gritty and grim and has a very unpleasant heroine...though sympathetic. I mean, I wouldn't want to know her, particularly, but you do feel sympathy for her. And creepy creepy end to the book. And it's very atmospheric...I felt sort of chilly the whole time I read it.

I've started Ian Samson's The Case of the Missing Books, but it hasn't really grabbed me yet, so I don't know if I'll stick with it. So it's not going on my list yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....Schaefer Yarns....

Ackery said...

The blue is gorgeous -- such lovely tones and sheen!

Rooie said...

I am really itching to do something with the Anne. I am thinking a simple scarfe with diagonal lines of eyelets with some beads...

Unknown said...

Kat says: I'm so thrilled Generation Loss was a hit with you, Sarah!

Rooie said...

Oh Kat, it was so good. Thank you (again) for sending it to me. You're so thoughtful.