Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Saturday Sort Of Sunday

Since tomorrow's a Federal holiday, this Sunday feels like a Saturday...much more relaxed with the thought that tomorrow I don't have to jump up at 6 a.m. and head off to work.

I wound the second skein of the Carnival yarn up this afternoon. I told my daughter I was thinking about making the Flower Basket shawl with it. "Oh," she said, would you wear a shawl? I've never seen you wear a shawl." Which is a good point. I'm afraid I could look exceptionally frumpy. But the shawl is so pretty. And the yarn would be, I think, a good match. I think there is only really one way to find out. I'll just have to try it someday.

Currently Reading

I finished The Yiddish Policeman's Union last night. I feel sort of guilty because I read it in choppy sort of chunks. But I still liked it. I think I would have liked it better if I had stuck with it solidly and not read all sorts of other books at the same time. Of course, perhaps there was a little something lacking in the Chabon if I kept picking other books up. Who's to say? Reader flaw or book flaw?

After I turned the last page of the Chabon, I picked up Spider Light by Sarah Rayne. It looks, early on at least, as though it might be a creepy little read.

No comments: