Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Long and Winding Road

I made a brief stop in at The Black Sheep this afternoon. At first I was going to hold off (don't want to become a nuisance) because I thought I would be there next weekend for the spindle spinning class (I can't wait for that!), but then I realized that the class will be on the 27th and I couldn't wait that long before stopping in. It was busy, which I love to see. I picked up a little something for the ISE5 swap and bought a new (to me, at least) Elsebeth Lavold book, called The Sunnyside Collection. Has a very pretty wrap sweater on the cover, which I like a lot. Showed it to Mr. Pointy Sticks and he said, "Ew, I don't like that. And the turban she's wearing looks silly." I'm not sure it would be the most flattering style on me, but I like it.

During Car Talk and Wait, Wait this morning, I decided to be useful (it was also, I'll be honest, meant to make sure I didn't fall asleep during them). So I got out my swift and wound up some balls of yarn.




These first two are yarns I got at Done Roving farm when we were in Maine in August. The blue, which is Wool and Kid, will turn into a hat for my brother's girlfriend. She really liked the color. And the red, Wool and Mohair, I just fell in love with. Such a pretty rich red and oh, so soft. I was not happy, however, to run across three knots while winding this ball. I don't know what it'll be. Perhaps a happy little scarf.













This is yarn I got off eBay...
from the seller Lotusblossom...
in the color Carnival. (Though really it looks more like a flower garden to me.) I have 1200 yards and am thinking it might make a nice Flower Basket Shawl. I got one of these wound, but I sort of lost my winding mo-jo, and This American Life was over. I'll get the other one wound one of these days. There's no hurry...it's not like I have nothing to knit.


I've now gone four repeats beyond the suggested last repeat for the ISE5 scarf I'm knitting. I'll be doing a few more repeats, but then it'll be at the end, I think. I need to check and see how early we can send our packages out.

4 comments:

gemma said...

The lotus carnival is really pretty.
And don't worry about stalking the LYS, everyone loves a buyer!
I think we can send off our scarves any time they are done. Mine has to go half way round the world, so its going this week.

Rooie said...

Thanks, Gemma. I figure I'll send mine off once the scarf is all finished and blocked. I think I have all the other goodies I plan to include.

Anonymous said...

We at the Black Sheep can assure you that you will always be welcome. In fact, I missed you last weekend, because I wanted to ask you about the log cabin square and had to wait another week. So, please come often, anytime you want!

Anonymous said...

the carnival is lovely, though I can see what you mean about it being more garden-y, nice finds!