Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hey There, Mr. Postman!

Though I think we actually have a post lady....

Whether man or mouse, the postal carrier was very, very good to me today. I found in my mailbox (well, actually, stuffed between storm and front doors):

  • the t-shirts I ordered (and I am wearing the sheepy one as I type),
  • The Myth of Simple Machines- Laurel Snyder (a fellow Readervillian)


  • the yarn I ordered from my Yahoo group's co-op of yarn from 100purewool.com (for some scarves and some hats)



  • and, most wonderfully, Brian Malloy's new book Brendan Wolf, which Amy from Think Knit offered up on Readerville's free books thread. (I loved Brian's first, The Year of Ice. I hear this is very different, but I still expect to like it.) But better yet, look at the adorable card Amy sent...with tiny knitting.




  • And inside, another treat! A Day of the Dead stitch marker. I may just have to mark a stitch that doesn't need marking, this is so neat. Thank you, Amy! (Not a great picture...my camera isn't so good at the close-ups.)


Not too shabby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it! Everyone needs a DOTD stitch marker. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the stitch marker, and the yarn looks scrumptious! This is the place to be for book recs, too...

Kitt said...

Sweet!

Try setting your camera on macro for close-ups. There should be a little flower icon to indicate it.