Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oooh, Mr. Postman!....Again

Today I came home to this:


The first two courtesy of a Barnes and Noble gift card/coupon deal. Interweave Bag Style is the usual Interweave quality book. Some great bags here. I don't know when I might make them...and some of them are crocheted, so I'd have to learn how to do that before I made any of them. (Actually, one of the bags I like best is crochet...go figure!) The Cable book is one of those cute little Vogue on the Go books....I just love them. There are some cute hats here and I like the mitts that are shown on the front. But the Interweave book has more bang for the buck.

But the real knock-out is the book underneath, that I got from an Etsy dealer.


Here's the front.


Here's the back.

And it's full of stunning stitch patterns like these.




Now I just have to learn to read charts like this:

Yikes!

4 comments:

Martha G said...

I'll try and send you some stitch translations I got in an amigurumi class I recently took. I found 2 or 3 of those knitting pattern books at a Japanese bookstore in Portland and they are on my list of MUST haves. There are definitely some gorgeous patterns in those books!

Anonymous said...

I have the Interweave and agree that it's fabulous.

Rooie said...

Oooh, Martha, thank you. That would be nice.

I am dying to go to NYC to the Japanese bookstore there to check out the knitting books.

Martha G said...

To make things less complicated, I sent you information about a Ravelry group (a good group, I think). There's a lot of resource info there that can help with translation.