Sunday, April 6, 2008

Alphabet Challenge #25 - Yellow


Well, lookie here. I think spring might be coming after all.


The maple trees out front are blooming, too. Though they aren't yellow.


We live at the top of a ridge...not hugely high really, but it seems as though spring always arrives a week or two earlier at the bottom of the hill. I've been waiting for these daffodils to open and really, they show an admirable sense of timing.

Yahoo! Today at lunch I finished the knitting required for the baby sweater. Now, some seaming. And (urp) weaving in of ends. But hey! Close to a finished object!

Current Reading

I finished Mary Roach's Bonk this afternoon at work. I was just as happy no one asked my what I was giggling at do furiously. "Oh, it's this chapter on penile implants....such a riot!" Not sure what I will pounce on next.

And I forgot to mention that I read Laura Lippman's Another Thing To Fall, her latest mystery. She'll be at Borders this week to read from and sign her book. It was...okay. Not among her best, I think, but I usually enjoy her books.

4 comments:

CarrieM said...

Those daffodils are just absolutely gorgeous! My favorite! I love seeing the forsythia coming in. A cheery set of pictures you have posted here, thanks!

Rooie said...

Thanks. I really should pay more attention to our poor old yard. I'm just not an outdoors kind of person.

Unknown said...

Pretty dilliebobbobs.

Unknown said...

Pretty dilliebobbobs.