Sunday, April 20, 2008

Darkness At Noon

So, my brother came over today to talk paint colors. He's re-doing his kitchen and, while it's going to be gorgeous, it was sounding a little too neutral...beautiful light wood cabinets, black countertop, neutral floor. So I suggested that he make one wall a punchy color. If it were me, I think it'd be a spicey red or clear blue. But he likes greens, so he brought over mostly shades of greens to look at.

It was sort of dark in the house, so we stepped out onto the front porch. I swear, every time he opened a new booklet the sky would get a little darker. Then it started drizzling. So we moved inside and were standing in the kitchen with all the lights on when the thunder and lightning started, the rain came down like stair-rods, and the lights went out. God just didn't want us looking at paint samples.

So we all sat in the dark for a while and gradually the storm moved off. Still no electrickery, though, so we went back into the kitchen, where it was fairly light. We did a lot of narrowing down of colors. I think he has four or five greens to chose from now. I think he should get little pint pots of the paints and splash some up on the wall to see how he feels about them but he thinks that sounds like too much work.

Anyway he went off and there we were, stuck with no power. I hate that. I always think, "Maybe I'll check my email.....dang! Well, I'll watch some tv.....dang!! I'll just turn this light on and read....dang!!! Well, let me put on some music....dang!!!! Fine. I'll just get some wash done.....dang!!!!!" Makes me feel so stupid.

So I went to sleep. It was as though someone had hit me over the head with a baseball bat. Out like a light from about 2 until 5. And woke up thinking, "Well, on the bright side, looks as though we'll have to go out for dinner!" And staggered out into the living room as the lights went back on. Great timing, BGE! Thanks bunches.

Oh well, at least now I can check my email, and watch tv, and turn on lights, etc.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Just found your blog recently; enjoyed reading some of the back entries! Thanks for the reading suggestions; I'm putting them on my list. Love the sweater on the bear too!

Rooie said...

Thanks for the kind words, Rose. But now Roland, who is a lion, is bugging me to take him to take his mane styled. "A bear! She said I'm a bear!" he cried. "We can't have this!"

Perhaps if I knit him a sweater of his own, one that says "LION" on it, he'll settle down.

Anonymous said...

No bears or lions, but thanks again for the help with colors. I certainly need it.