Friday, April 11, 2008

Argh...

Yesterday was a tedious day in the extreme. At one point in the morning, after it had seemed as though I had been there for what seemed like three weeks, I looked up at the clock and it was barely 8:30 a.m. (I get to work at 7.) I completed the one assignment I had...just waiting for clearance. And spent most of the rest of my day twiddling my fingers.

I am annoyed with myself because I (a) completely forgot about Laura Lippman's book signing last Thursday at the Border's near us and (b) didn't get to bed as early as I should have. Feh. Though Laura might actually appreciate the fact that I didn't take my miserable, hacking, germy self to see her. And I didn't get to see the Yarn Harlot in Annapolis on Monday. And Franklin will be in Kennett Square PA this weekend but there's no way I could get there. So near and yet so far. (Edited to add: Oh wait! Franklin's in PA on the 19th! There's still hope!)

This weekend should be nice, though. For one thing, it started early since I took today off. And I have a friend visiting from NY and another out-of-state friend and her husband will be stopping by Saturday for dinner. Never rains but it pours. Now, if I can just stay awake for the fun!

First though I have to get through my annual check-up and the requisite blood-letting and fun. And I haven't had anything to eat since last night at 7:30 so I'm a little peckish.

But the pinwheel blanket is coming along. And I've gotten one arm attached on Toby's sweater. It's going slowly but then, the baby's not due until June. Hmmm...suddenly that sounds a lot closer than it used to.

Pretty soon I'll have to start thinking about future projects. What fun.

I'm taking my camera with me today as I am out and about so maybe there will be pictures later. Actually, there is one I want to take and put up here though it has nothing to do with being out and about...

So more later.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harlot was here last night, but a late spring snow- and ice-storm kept me from attending. Sigh.

CarrieM said...

I, too, wanted to get to Annapolis for the Harlot, but the thought of driving on the beltway from Northern VA to Annapolis in the late afternoon gave me the hives. That and the fact I just, in good conscience, could not leave my daughter for that long with my 4 y/o son. What we do for our kids!