Friday, April 4, 2008

Alphabet Challenge #23 - Woolgirl, Winning and Wait, Wait, There's More!

How fortuitous! What timing! Wednesday afternoon I came home to find a package from Woolgirl waiting for me on my front porch. And look, now here we are on W day!

I know I've talked about the yummy packages from Woolgirl before but I've always torn right into them without taking the time to share with you the delight that is a Woolgirl package. This time I managed, somehow, to restrain myself. So out we went to the Front Porch of Photography.


Here's the pretty package, fresh out of the box. The back of the "Happy Spring" card had a hand-written thank you from Jen.


Move that note card out of the way and...what's this!? A sample of Soak in the Flora scent and...something shiny?!

Aww! It's a little sheepie stitch-marker. Such a cute little face on this sheep. The maker is on Ravelry. I think I need to contact her...I want another one. Not for stitch-markers...I want to make a pair of earrings out of these! Wouldn't they be the perfect earrings to wear to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Show? (Only one month! Whoo-hoo!)

And what's inside this pretty package?


Oooooh! At the top of the heap, Lavender Sheep superwash Merino in Mt. Sunset. (Oooh, pretty pinks.) In the middle, The Unique Sheep's (Hey! It's a U-company!) superwash merino in Blue Flame. (Rachel, you like this blue? They could be socks for you. You know, in five or ten years.) And, last but not least, Family Pendragon's superwash merino in Impressionist's Rainbow - I just love this colorway to bits. And how could I not since I think it has every color known to man in it.

Let's all think back to the S-post for a moment, shall we? I better get busy knitting some socks, huh?

Woot! I am a winner! Thursday I came home to this.


This is the first time I've won a blog contest! And just look at this -- on a dreary gray day, it was like coming home to a box full of sunshine. Lovely merino wool and a nice set of needles.

Holly, of Proseknitic, had a little contest, asking people to add to her "Charge of the Light Brigade" parody. Well, we do a lot of this sort of stuff over on Readerville, so I sort of had an unfair advantage. But the two little verses I added just rolled right out of my brain. In fact, I had a hard time stopping myself. Thanks, Holly! That was fun. This gorgeous yellow yarn comes from a very appropriately named website - Wolle-Lust! Something I definitely suffer from!

Late breaking news! The mailman brought me a nice box from Webs!

It had in it this:


Lots of Lopi in three shades of blue. Rachel wants a Jayne hat of her own, but she likes blues, not the yellow, orange and red of the original. This isn't wonderfully soft yarn but it's the right gauge and has an agreeably homespun sort of look that I think will be good for the Jayne hat.

And this:


Alpaca. I loves me some alpaca. Two of the colors (more blue-y colors, if I'm remembering right) were back-ordered so there will be more alpaca goodness coming sometime. I love this turquoise color. I might want to do some fingerless mitts in this.

No comments: