Saturday, April 5, 2008

Alphabet Challenge #24 - Xu

The xu is a Vietnamese currency, worth (the last time I checked) about 0.0036 percent of a US dollar. That's pretty worthless...and it's about how worthless I feel these days. I've basically been sick, one way or another, since mid-January. Maybe I need a beach vacation. I know it's been a hard year for illness. At least, anecdotally, I hear about a lot of pneumonia, bronchitis, flu. I just wish it would visit someone else's house for a change.

Sorry, this post should probably be under W for whine.

So, more cheerfully, I am X-tatic that the baby sweater is getting close to done. I finished the sleeves yesterday (doing both of them at once) and now I have to sew up one shoulder and pick up stitches and do the collar. Then more seaming and it'll be done.

I had been thinking about doing a little something else for this baby...I don't know why...and I had an X-cellent visit to the The Black Sheep yesterday and found some nice Aracaunia cotton on sale and they had just the right number of skeins to do the Pinwheel blanket out of Larissa Brown's Knitalong book. So, a little something X-tra for the babe.

Maybe I can get up the energy for some photos later.

Off to do some fun (ha!) stuff...grocery shopping, drug store run. Then to the library later and then, no doubt, home to collapse. My energy is X-tremely low these days.

1 comment:

CarrieM said...

Sounds like you enjoy your errands as much as I do.....I hate grocery shopping. Hate hate hate it. When my husband is not deployed, he does the shopping.

Get some rest and get that energy back up!