Sunday, April 27, 2008

Gloomy Sunday

It's a grey, low-energy sort of day here. I slept too late and I've had a niggling sort of headache all day. But I did get some laundry done and we got some groceries in for the week.

And I made these:

They were very difficult. They are stitchmarkers from Sunneshine on Etsy which I threw onto earring backs. I thought about adding a little leaf bead at the top of each dangle, but in the end I kept them simple.

Perfect wear for the MD Sheep and Wool show, which is next weekend. I've gotten my money in the bank (all year I save those silly State quarters and that's the money that bankrolls my S&W purchases....this year I saved over $200), my Franklin t-shirts are clean (I have the dancing sheep and the Venus de Milo saying "Dang!"), I think I've decided to wear my Crocs (they're not attractive but after 2 hours at Sugarloaf my feet were tired but not too painful). I've located my tote bag from last year's show. If it's cool, I'll have to search out my Franklin sweatshirt ("It itches!").

I can't wait.

Current Reading

I just finished up Jane Smiley's Ten Days in the Hills. There was some talk on Readerville of all the sex in the book. And I guess there is a lot but I found it, for the most part, more clinical than erotic. But the book was interesting. I got rather fond of the characters. I think I liked it more than most of the Amazon reviewers did, that's for sure. Oddly enough, it took me ten days to read it.

Last night I started T Is For Trepass, the latest Sue Grafton. Not all of her alphabet series are wonderful, but really they are almost all pretty satifying mysteries. I haven't read one of hers in a while, so I'm really enjoying this one.

No comments: