Saturday, March 1, 2008

Rabbit, Rabbit

Remember that thing from childhood where, if the last words you say at the end of the month and the first words you say at the beginning of a new month were "Rabbit, rabbit," you'd have good luck all month? I never did remember to say it.

Just a quick post before I toddle off to bed to show off the yarn I bought in Fredericksburg. The colors are all going to look a little washed out, I think, because the sun was so bright this morning when I took the pictures.

First off, some Noro Matsuri - 87 % cotton, 13 % wool. Very very soft. I'm thinking scarf. Maybe more entrelac. Maybe for me. Who knows?



Then, a pattern and yarn for making a baby sweater for an expectant mom in the office. She's due in June, so I have a little time.

Sirdar's Tiny Tots in denim.


And lastly, some Mission Falls Cotton...they have a sample sweater there in this. A really lovely cardigan with random stripes of about eight different colors....it's one that shows up in their ads all the time. Anyway, I picked up some random colors to play with for a scarf or something. A pure impulse buy.


I went into the shop (It's called the Knitter's Cottage and is on William Street in Fredericksburg) telling myself that I wouldn't buy anything that I could find at The Black Sheep. But there was very little overlap. One thing I would say...they didn't seem to have any "local" yarns or hand-dyes...all big operation yarns. Noro, Debbie Bliss, Colinette, Mission Falls, Cascade. It's a nice shop. I could see stopping there again sometime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kitt said...

Aw, how cute. Is that your first spam?

Rooie said...

Actually, that's my second one. Whoo-hoo!

shandy said...

Knitting for a colleague's expected child? How did you decide what to knit? I find myself in this dilemma often as they are invariably of the next generation and I can never be sure that they will have the same tastes as me. Thanks for visiting my blog.