Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mobile Children

This is all sort of weird. Rachel called me to say that she and Margot and another friend or two were going to (actually, when they called they were already on their way) head down to Falls Church to see Margot's boyfriend. Didn't know when they'd be back. Don't wait dinner. Bye.

I know, I should have been getting used to this when she was 16 or so. I love it now, but it is strange.

Current Reading

I've give up on both Dakota and whatever the title was of the other book I mentioned. Dull. In the case of the Grimes, dull and sort of preachy. And unbelievable. In the case of the other book, just not anyone I cared about reading any more about.

So I've picked up the new Peter Robinson, Friend of the Devil. Now this is satisfying. Just a good, well-written, appealing English police procedural. I rank him up there with Reginald Hill.

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

I have been looking for a new Reg Hill style read - thanks for the tip!