Saturday, March 8, 2008

Well, Hush My Mouth!

My brother said last night in a phone call that some people were checking for a new blog update from me. Don't know why I haven't posted....just didn't have a lot to say, I guess. We've been doing the usual...working, commuting, enjoying Rachel's company. I did go get a follow-up chest x-ray yesterday morning.

We went to Wegman's yesterday and bought lots of food, including scallops to make my variation of a recipe my brother gave me. In the original recipe, you throw scallops, chipotle peppers, white wine and some other stuff in a pan and roast them while you boil capellini. Then throw the scallop mixture over the pasta and voila, dinner! Well, I have played with the recipe and I hold the spicy peppers but throw in onion, mild red, yellow, green peppers, mushrooms...perhaps I'll take some pictures tonight because it is pretty.

I've just about finished the back of the cardigan. I realize that this is taking me a lot longer than it should and I also realized, last night, why. I have sweater-anxiety. I am worried, despite measuring obsessively and despite comparing to other knits I own, that I am going to end up with a perfectly lovely cardigan that I will not be able to wear. And it's a lot of work for something you can't wear. Unlike a scarf, that has no fit issues and doesn't take all that long to make. Sigh.

Current Reading

Finished Friend of the Devil last night...good solid police procedural, though reading it in somewhat choppy bits, as I did, made one of the plots a little confusing. If you've never read Peter Robinson before, I wouldn't necessarily start with this one. Gallow's View is the first one of the Inspector Banks series, and would be a good place to start. In A Dry Season is one of my favorites.

I've picked up Jonathan Barnes' The Somnambulist for my next read. I'm only about 25 pages in but so far it's captivated me.

Edited to add: No pictures of dinner. It was too good and disappeared too fast.

2 comments:

becky c. said...

I wanted a new book to read yesterday and I went back through pages and pages of your blog to look for ideas. Now I am the proud owner of A Game of Thrones which I have just started and am enjoying very much. Keep those handy reviews coming!

Rooie said...

Oh, Becky, you have some fun reading ahead of you. Parts of it are pretty grim, but what a great ride! And there are some wonderful characters...

I can't wait to read the fourth and (soon to be published) fifth ones.