Saturday, March 15, 2008

Alphabet Challenge #2 - Binding Off Brown Scarf, Beginning Baby Sweater, Bopping Into Black Sheep and Blogging About It!

So, I finished the brown Oak Leaf and Acorn Scarf. Actually, I bound off yesterday in the little picot bind off I like so much. Today I sat and wove in the ends. Glad it's done. Now it just has to be blocked.


I started a blue baby sweater. This will be for a co-worker's bouncing baby boy, due in June. I'm doing it in a 6 month to 1 year size, so I hope it'll fit him at some point. It's out of Sirdar Tiny Tots. Can you see the texture? It's made by a row where you alternate purl stitches with stitches knit into the row below. Hard to see unless it catches the light right, but it makes a nice squooshy fabric.


I had a lovely time sitting at the Black Sheep for about 2 hours, weaving in ends, knitting and chatting. Had a nice talk with Holly, who raises llamas and alpacas and had some yummy laceweight yarn she had spun.

I do love the Black Sheep.


While I was there, I bought some sock yarn. I couldn't resist these colors. And hey, it was a lot cheaper than the two skeins of Lorna Lace's yarns I was fondling.


The colors aren't quite right here. It's a pretty orange and the bits that look green here are actually turquoise blue. Yum. (Must knit socks!)

And now I've blogged all about my day. So far.

3 comments:

Kitt said...

Beautiful! You could also bold the word "bits"!

shandy said...

Just reading your March 12th post about covered waggons and space exploration. Over Christmas, I read again the "Little House" books, particularly "The Long Winter". Hard to imagine people getting by on burning hay and grinding corn day after day in a coffee grinder. But then, that's what the future is: unimaginable.

Rooie said...

Oooh, The Long Winter was my favorite of her books. I remember Laura and her dad twisting the straw to burn.

I'd say the future is unknowable, at least until we get there. But really, science fiction writers have been imagining it for decades...