Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Chicken in Every Pot

So, I get home from work this afternoon....what's this?



What's going on in the kitchen?



Roast chicken for dinner. Have I mentioned lately that my daughter's a pretty nice person to have around?


It'll be a late dinner, but it'll be good.

(Rachel tells me I should resize these pictures so that people can't click on them and see how filthy the kitchen is. So....don't click. But hey, it's a working kitchen.) (Edited to add: Hmmm...she's right. Sometimes details are not a good thing. And the lumps on the chicken? It's not tumorous...we shove garlic and butter under the skin. Yum.)

And dinner was fantastic. Roast chicken, orzo, caramelized carrots and zucchini. Yum.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

One thing I miss about when the boy lived at home -- he did come home early and cook sometimes. I love my sweetheart inordinately, but his walking in the door at 7 every night precludes even the most basic stab at cooking.

Kaethe said...

Good to know I have something to look forward to when the Offspring age.

Clearly, that it a fabulous daughter you have there. Glad dinner was so good.

Ackery said...

Oh my LORD does that dinner sound fabulous. Our pantry is running low and I'm in no mood to run to the store; I may just feed the girls garbanzo beans and try to feel virtuous about the fiber.

Rooie said...

Garbanzo beans may be on the menu tonight unless we go out. We stocked up on food Saturday and Sunday but it's pretty much gone. Well, we do have lots of left-overs of various sorts.

She's a good kid.