Saturday, March 22, 2008

Alphabet Challenge #9 - All About I

So, I thought and thought...what should the I entry be about? Intimidation? (You know, walking into a high-end yarn shop and having the employees look down their noses at you because you can't afford their $40 a skein cashmere...) Irritation? (The feeling I get with so many of the Ravelry forums...and yet I keep going back in some horrid fascination...) Intarsia? (Never done it...) Ice Cream? (I love it, it doesn't so much love me anymore...)

But what is I, basically? It's me, right. So...

1) I am very squeamish about having anything close to my eyes. I was born cross-eyed and had surgery when I was about four and more surgery when I was about 18, so that might have something to do with it. But if you want to get me mad, just get your fingers too close to my eyes.

2) I an terrified of....moths. I know, lots of people have phobias. Usually about things like snakes, spiders, dogs. You know, animals that can actually hurt you. Me, a moth in the room freaks me out. My mother always said I must have been a sheep in a previous life.

3) I went on a date with a guy and couldn't remember his name. We had introduced ourselves at the beginning of the school year (this was at graduate school and we waited for the bus to campus together) but by the time he asked me out, a month or so later, I had completely forgotten his name. Awkward! I had also met Mr. Pointy Sticks by then and really was more interested in getting back to the dorm to see him then I was in spending the evening with Mr. No-Name. We went to see Marathon Man....I remember that.

4) Mr. No-Name was the only date I ever had except for ones with Mr. Pointy Sticks.

5) I knew right away that Mr. Pointy Sticks was the man I was going to marry. When I told my mom this years later she said that my grandmother (who she always said I was like) had been the same way. She had met my grandfather and told her friends "That's the man I'm going to marry."

6) I am so incredibly boring that I can't even think of a sixth mildly interesting thing about me.

So much for I!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're boring (but that's just me . . .) You're a treasure to your fambly.

Rooie said...

Aww, you're sweet.

But I bet you can't think of anything else interesting about me....