Sunday, March 9, 2008

Re-Empty That Nest

Well, we spent the day taking Rachel back down to school. Her friend Stephanie was there already so they were catching up while Rachel unpacked and her dad walked around the campus. Easy trip down and back with no bad traffic.

There is always a little adjustment period, I guess, both when she's gone and when she comes back. I am already looking forward to having her back here (though I'm not so much looking forward to packing up her room, bringing it all home and then turning around two weeks later and taking it all back again for summer school and then heading down a month later to fetch her again.)

We stopped at my aunt and uncle's on the way home. They've sold their house to move to a retirement community with assisted living and it's a necessary move but man, it makes me sad. Everything's passing, you know? Going, going, gone.

And crappy ole work tomorrow.

Oh, and I mentioned my sweater phobia? My dread that the sweater will be all wrong? Well, I was trying to get the back finished before we headed south so that I could maybe work on a sleeve or front or something. And the armholes are supposed to be 7.5" deep. Mine are at 9.5" deep. But if I take them back to 7.5", that'll be back before I did the shaping for the neck....feh. I just feel like throwing up my hands and ripping the whole thing out.

No comments: