Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Love My Dentist

My face was still hurting this morning so I sat and thought, "Is this a sinus infection? Is this a tooth gone bad? Do I go see Dr. L? (My dentist) Do I go see Dr. N? (My GP) Dr. L? Dr. N?"

Finally I decided to go with the dentist. There were a couple of reasons for this. For one thing, I've never had a sinus infection that felt like this but it did feel somewhat like an abscess I had once. Also, I figured that if I saw my dentist and it wasn't an abscess, he might still be able to give me something for a sinus infection. If I saw my doctor and it turned out to be an abscess....well, she's a great doctor but she doesn't do teeth.

So I called Dr. L and they squeezed me in. Dr. L took an x-ray and he poked around a bit and he ran some electricity through my teeth to see if they were all still alive (Yikes! That wasn't fun!) and he finally decided that it definitely wasn't my teeth. And (Yay!) he gave me a script for amoxicillin and I've taken one and will take another at bedtime and....fingers crossed...will be feeling better tomorrow.

Of course, if it's neuralgia all bets are off.

But enough about me....let's talk socks! Good news! As soon as CSI is over, I'm going to be skibbling upstairs and Kitchenering the second toe on Kaethe's socks. And after a good wash, they'll be off to Kaethe, with a little present for the girls.

1 comment:

Kaethe said...

I think antibiotics are good news, so Yay for Rooie! Be better soon.

Hand-knit socks and little somethings are nice, too.