Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Night and All's Well

No three-day weekend ahead of us, but still, a weekend is nothing to sneeze at.

Today was a good day. I got sock number 2 started --


And I managed to get some work done on the Unfaithful scarf.


And today was a good mail day.


I got Interweave's Color Style. I am irrationally biased toward Interweave books. I think they are beautifully designed and, generally, full of a high percentage of good patterns. Well, this one is no exception. I love the cover sweater, though I keep imagining it in jewel tones. And I love the little Vogue-To-Go books. This one is the newest, I think, and it has some nice shawls and wraps in it.

And how could you have a good day without a little infusion of yarn? The Loopy Ewe came through for me.


Cherry Tree Hill in Old Rose.


The Sanguine Gryphon in Bacchic.


And Creatively Dyed in Jeans. I love the colors in this yarn...and soft?! Oh, so soft. Yum.

And look! We have a new friend in our front yard.


No, not the stupid blue truck...a pear tree. Fruiting, not Bradford. No cherry tree today...we'll have to wait till spring. And we have a cute little rhododendron that should, in the spring, be a pretty pale pink.

1 comment:

Kitt said...

Your scarf looks great! Congrats on the tree. Hope those pears are good eatin'.