Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thank Heavens For The Cover of Darkness

So, last night Mr. Pointy Sticks and I went over to the neighbor's to visit with their pooch for a bit and let her out before bed (the neighbors are "downy ocean, hon" so we're dog-sitting) and, while hurrying to catch up with Mr. Pointy Sticks, I was trotting up their front walk when I caught my toe on one of the steps in said walk and basically did a face plant on the concrete. One knee is a patch about the size of a quarter. The other knee is skinned in a patch about the size of Minnesota...and bruised...and looks rather like chopped liver and hurts like a sunavabitch. I also landed on the heels of my hand and they don't look too bad...a little pink...but I am wondering if I might have sprained something in my right hand, which is sore (fine to type and knit...hurts like hell to open a jar). And somehow I bruised my right boob a mighty bruise...and yeow, does that hurt! I am dosed up on aspirin and swathed in bandaids. And somewhat sore. As I think I mentioned.

I was very glad it was dark so that no one saw me. Though then, of course, I tell everyone about it here. Go figure.

The bathroom is proceeding and we now have a ceiling in the computer room. Pretty exciting. Heavens knows what sleeping amid the odors of glue and the dust of drywall is doing to us...and to the cats. But whatever.

I am still knitting away on my second Smooshy sock (only two rows before I start the toes decreases, which will take no time at all), and working on the cardigan for baby Alexandra.

I will, I think, be in prime shape to start up the Brunch for Beth socks that I will be doing next. Just in time to work on them on the way to and from Fredericksburg (we're going to pick up Miss R. -- Yay!).

If I ever get my non-laptop hooked up again, I'll actually have pictures to show you. In fact, I felt the blog was so boring without pictures....

Here's a picture of a baby sweater...not the one I'm working on! I did this one some time ago.

Sigh. One of these days there will be real pictures again.

Oh...and about ten minutes after I wrote in the last post about getting new carpet in the computer room? I walked in there to be greeting by a huge messy hairball, courtesy of Duncan. Perhaps that's why I'm not rushing right out to recarpet the house....


Kitt said...

Oooh, I'm glad you didn't land on your face! Hope your boo-boos heal soon.

Rooie said...

Heh. Especially the boob-boo. Not fun.