Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thank Heavens For The Cover of Darkness

So, last night Mr. Pointy Sticks and I went over to the neighbor's to visit with their pooch for a bit and let her out before bed (the neighbors are "downy ocean, hon" so we're dog-sitting) and, while hurrying to catch up with Mr. Pointy Sticks, I was trotting up their front walk when I caught my toe on one of the steps in said walk and basically did a face plant on the concrete. One knee is skinned...in a patch about the size of a quarter. The other knee is skinned in a patch about the size of Minnesota...and bruised...and looks rather like chopped liver and hurts like a sunavabitch. I also landed on the heels of my hand and they don't look too bad...a little pink...but I am wondering if I might have sprained something in my right hand, which is sore (fine to type and knit...hurts like hell to open a jar). And somehow I bruised my right boob a mighty bruise...and yeow, does that hurt! I am dosed up on aspirin and swathed in bandaids. And somewhat sore. As I think I mentioned.

I was very glad it was dark so that no one saw me. Though then, of course, I tell everyone about it here. Go figure.

The bathroom is proceeding and we now have a ceiling in the computer room. Pretty exciting. Heavens knows what sleeping amid the odors of glue and the dust of drywall is doing to us...and to the cats. But whatever.

I am still knitting away on my second Smooshy sock (only two rows before I start the toes decreases, which will take no time at all), and working on the cardigan for baby Alexandra.

I will, I think, be in prime shape to start up the Brunch for Beth socks that I will be doing next. Just in time to work on them on the way to and from Fredericksburg (we're going to pick up Miss R. -- Yay!).

If I ever get my non-laptop hooked up again, I'll actually have pictures to show you. In fact, I felt the blog was so boring without pictures....


Here's a picture of a baby sweater...not the one I'm working on! I did this one some time ago.

Sigh. One of these days there will be real pictures again.

Oh...and about ten minutes after I wrote in the last post about getting new carpet in the computer room? I walked in there to be greeting by a huge messy hairball, courtesy of Duncan. Perhaps that's why I'm not rushing right out to recarpet the house....

2 comments:

Kitt said...

Oooh, I'm glad you didn't land on your face! Hope your boo-boos heal soon.

Rooie said...

Heh. Especially the boob-boo. Not fun.