Monday, July 14, 2008

Dem-No!

By eleven a.m. this morning we still had no contractor and when Mr. Pointy Sticks called to see where he was, he said, "Well, I didn't say the 14th was definite. I said I'd call the night before and ldet you know if I was coming." Sigh. I don't remember him saying that, but then, the way my memory has been...he might very well have done so. Fortunately, Mr. Pointy Sticks and I both have understanding bosses and we will be taking tomorrow off as well. After that...well, it's anybody's guess what our schedules will be.

Tomorrow, I will be going over to the Pella window store and talking to a nice man there about getting a Pella casement with the blinds inside the window for the bathroom. I think for a tiny, humid bathroom (I am hoping that the exhaust fan going in will make it less humid. There ain't nothin' gonna make it larger.), having the blinds where we won't be bumping into them and where they can't get mildewy will be smart.

I am so ready to have a new bathroom.

I am so unready for the chaos of the next two weeks.

No comments: